SmexYXtacyFlyff

SmexYXtacyFlyff Players Hang Out

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jamie's complete connection guide.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Jamie's complete connection guide. on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:37 pm

Jamie

Welcome to Jamie's connection guide.

This guide is aimed at complete computer novices with very little knowledge in computering, this is also aimed at people who need a more in depth guide on connecting because the basic 5 sentence connection guide in the Chatbox isn't useful enough.

The first thing you will need to know is the requirements to run Flyff effectively. The following requirements are based of the official website, so they are accurate.

Operating Systems as followed:
  • Windows 98 (with service pack 4).
  • Window XP (with service pack 2).
  • Windows Vista.
  • Windows ME.
  • Windows 2000 (with service pack 4).

Windows service packs are just updates that have been distributed in large packs. You can find out more about them Here and how to upgrade them Here

* Direct X 9.0 or better required
* Recommended Graphic Driver should be Installed
* Recommended Chipset Driver compatible with Graphics should be Installed

You can grab the latest Direct X Here
Note that not all operating system can install the latest direct X 9.0 release from microsoft.

System Minimum System Recommended System
CPUPentiumIII 800MHZ PentiumIII 1GHz
RAM 128MB 512MB
VGAGeforce 2mx 200 32mb-64mb Geforce 3 128mb-256mb

Although these are only recommendations, I would still make sure you have atleas the Minumum recommendations before attempting to run the Client.

Now we have covered the basics of system requirements and where we can get any updates we need then it's time to get to work downloading and installing the Client. Do not worry this will be very easy and very painless.

Before we get started we need to download one small program called "7zip" Now the reason we need 7zip is because the Client has been "Compressed" Which is a computer term meaning the File has been made smaller, so it's easier to download and takes less time. Plus because it's been compressed we can download everything at once.

Downloading and Installing 7zip. Video

For those who would like to watch a Video then I have included a small video I made to help people who don't understand.

Alternatively if you want to read through a written guide then please continue reading.

Downloading and Installing 7zip. written guide

Head on over to and choose the http://www.7-zip.org/download.html and choose to download the file Type .exe, also make sure you have the correct bit version for your Operating system.

You can check by going to the
Code:
Start menu > Control panel > System.

Then click the download link, you will be redirected to a website called "source forge" then your download should start, choose where to save your file and wait for it to finish downloading. Once it has downloaded locate the "7z920.exe" and double click it to start the installation. Install the files to anywhere of your choice and then your done.

Downloading and Installing the Client Video

For those who would like to watch a Video then I have included a small video I made to help people who don't understand.

Alternatively if you want to read through a written guide then please continue reading.

Downloading and Installing the Client written guide.

Now we need to download the official Client, to do this click on the FlyForXtacy website Here and click the
XtacyFlyff V.16 Client download link by clicking the image shown below.

You wil then be redirected to a file upload site called "MEGAUPLOAD" Please wait 60 seconds for your download link to become active. Once the countdown has finished another image will appear, proceed and double click it. A little window will pop-up asking you to save the XtacyFlyff.exe file click Save File by clicking the pop-up window to activate the button. Your client will now download but depending on your internet speed it may take sometime, You can get a rough idea of how fast your speeds are by going to this website here.

www.speedtest.net and follow the guide.

Once your download has finished look for the file you downloaded and double click it to begin installing Xtacy. My file was saved to "Downloads" in My Documents so that's where I'll begin.

First double click the Xtacy Flyff file you will be given a security window asking if you want to open this file click "Yes" then create a new folder and extract the contents into that new folder, to make the files go to your new folder click the little 3 dots ... and choose your new folder then extract.

Once your files have successfully extracted into your folder go ahead and open the XtacyFlyff Patcher and wait for it to download the latest patches.

Register and Play!

Arfter that the only thing you need to do is create a account. So go ahead and do that
Here

That's it, congratulations you are done! I hope this helped, I'll also include a list of error's and possible fixes when I can, thanks for reading, post any problems or, comments below.

2 Re: Jamie's complete connection guide. on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:37 pm

Jamie

Complete error's coming soon and their solutions!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum